Department of ARI & Trainings.
- The business of Administrative Reforms Inspections & Trainings
Department is transacted in accordance with J&K Business Rules. At
the Secretariat level, the Department is headed by an Administrative
In terms of Rule 4(i) of the Business Rules, the following subjects are
assigned to the Administrative Reforms Inspections, Trainings &
- Administrative Reforms
- Government Presses.
- Stationery & Office Supplies.
- Educational loans & Scholarships
- Redressal of Public Grievances.
Working and Functioning of the Department of ARI & Trainings.
- The Department coordinates and finalizes Recruitment Rules of all Government Departmental Services (Gazetted/Non-Gazetted). For this Model Recruitment Rules have been drafted by this Department to bring uniformity in service conditions.
- The Department of ARI & Training facilitates other departments in framing recruitment rules for various State Services. For vetting of these Recruitment Rules, a Standing Committee headed by the Additional Chief Secretary, Finance Department has been constituted by GAD. The Department has finalized the recruitment rules of 45 services during the last 2 years.
- The Department has been entrusted with the work of conducting of General Inspection of Government Departments. The inspection team conducts inspection as per prescribed format and submits its report to the concerned Administrative Department. During 2019-20 ARI Department has inspected 21 departments and during current year 12 departments have been inspected. The inspection reports have been sent to the concerned Administrative departments for necessary action.
- The Board of Professional Entrance Examination which was constituted by the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination Act, 2002 is also under the administrative control of ARI and Trainings Department. The main function of the BOPEE is to conduct entrance examinations/ selections/ counseling of various professional courses.
- The Trainings Branch of this department has sanctioned an amount of Rs. 1753.37 lakhs on account of education loan up to ending 31-03-2009 since inception of the loan scheme has been introduced and 27972 loan cases has been sanctioned for completion of different professional courses viz. engineering degree/Diploma, agriculture and medical etc. and an amount of Rs. 1003.30 lakhs has been liquidated till date.